It has been 6 months since I came to Melbourne and it won’t be long before I go home. There are some things that I miss back home.
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are TWELVE of my favorite things!
1. A hot steaming bowl of Wan Tan Mee!
2. Followed by a chilled glass of Kopi Ping! (IMHO, it trumps ANY coffee in Melbourne)
3. A nice plate of Fried Kueh Teow for dinner (with extra chilli please) – I confess that when I googled for a picture of fried kueh teow, I almost licked the computer screen! In Melbourne, you only get fried kueh teow wannabes.
4. A good swim in the pool under the hot tropical sun! (I’ve got to work on a new tan)
5. Retail Therapy!!! (In Melbourne, all I had was Restrained Therapy)
6. Followed by a good full body massage (Can’t afford such luxury in Melbourne)
7. Go climb a mountain! (I’m itching to climb again. There is nothing worth climbing in Melbourne)
8. Work on my garden!
9. Take my car for a spin. (I hope I still remember how to drive. Have been walking on average 4 km a day to and back from work everyday here)
10. Sit and listen to the pitter-patter of a heavy rain fall on my roof. Nothing like a good tropical downpour.
11. Get a new pair of glasses. (I can hardly see well with the ones I have now and it’s too expensive to replace them in Australia)
12. Work! Yes, believe it or not, I miss my patients and I miss what I do back home (Err….my students – not so much. Heh heh).