Today I decided to get adventurous cooking dinner. Ever since I ate my first plate of Spaghetti Aglio Olio years ago in a cozy restaurant cum art gallery across from the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre, I’ve become addicted to it.
Strangely I never thought of making it myself. Mind you, the dish isn’t cheap at the place I described earlier, with each plate costing RM 9!
This morning I surfed the net for the recipe and then went off to the Vic Market to get the ingredients.
Here’s the list of ingredients:
1. 350 g of spaghetti (I don’t have a kitchen scale but roughly 2 grasps of thin spaghetti cooks 2 meals)
2. 10 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. 3 garlic cloves
4. Hot chilli pepper (which I replaced with chilli flakes)
5. Fine parsley (took me a while to figure that parsley is ‘yim sai’ in Chinese!)
6. 150 g of peeled prawns
7. Cut button mushrooms
Here’s how you cook it:
1. Simmer the garlic and chilli flakes in the olive oil until the garlic is brown.
2. Add salt and ground pepper into the oil
3. Meanwhile wash and chop the parsley into small bits
4. Stir fry the prawns and mushrooms together in olive oil
5. Cook spaghetti in hot salted water and drain them
6. Saute the spaghetti with the garlic-infused olive oil (1) and the prawns and mushrooms (3)
7. Add the minced parsley and serve hot
It tasted great! Just like how they made it in the restaurant.
Why am I telling you this?
Actually I’m not.
I’m blogging this in case I need the recipe again. Heh heh…:)