I’ve delayed writing this for a while.
Now it’s become urgent.
Some of you might have read it in the STAR a couple of days ago, about a Malaysian hiker who went missing in Montana’s Glacier National Park. He went in on the 11th of August and was supposed to come out from the 154 km hike on 18th August. He was hiking alone.
He never came out.
Yi-Jien is the eldest son of my late-pastor, Hwa-Chien. I knew him from way back when he was merely 3 feet tall or so (now he is taller than me!) and even attended his wedding last year.
It has been 11 days since he failed to emerge from the park and US searchers are thinking of calling it quits.
You can read about Yi-Jien here:
1. Kentucky Backpacker Missing in Montana’s Glacier National Park
2. Missing Hiker, Yi-Jien Hwa, in Glacier National Park
Please pray with us (his wife, mother, the entire church and everyone who knows him or his family!):
1. That the weather would clear up so that effective aerial search can be conducted.
2. The searchers may be led to search at the right place (the park is huge!).
3. For the safety of Yi-Jien.
4. For Yi-Jien’s wife and mother (Kim Guat) that they may be comforted and reassured.
Thanks for praying.
Fri, 290808 @ 1214
An update can be read here: Life Letters