Today my country turns 51.
Frankly, I do not have much cause to celebrate.
The Budget 2008 was pathetic, at least for me.
And is it just me, or am I seeing the signs of anarchy in my country?
1. A blog being blocked for being ‘seditious’.
2. People gate-crashing forums claiming to champion their beliefs (while stomping on other’s) and calling others “PIGS”!
3. Policemen stealing drugs from their evidence store room.
4. A model being blown to bits with C4.
5. People swearing on holy books.
6. A doctor who unwittingly jeopardised his own career by being the unfortunate person to examine an asshole’s asshole.
7. Now they can ask, and get, your DNA on demand!
8. Some leaders are calling my race “Squatters”
9. Others call us “Ungrateful” and “Cannot be trusted”
10. Some want our blood on their traditional weapon!
11. A racist teacher subjecting her trusting pupils to verbal abuse and getting away with it.
12. Land scams, land scams, land scams!
13. People started disappearing after making statutory declarations.
14. Ministers with severe podophilia as they keep putting their foot in their mouths.
15. Flip flop decisions.
16. Rock concerts being banned, then unbanned, then banned, then unbanned…
17. Malaysia has suddenly become a land of ‘kebetulan’ (coincidences!).
18. FRU people beating a civilian senseless over a ‘broken baton’ and now claim they can’t remember anything!
19. Sudden selective amnesia seems to be an epidemic in this country.
20. Students marching over a perceived 10% infringement on their perceived God-given right.
21. People are suddenly declared a convert after their death over incredibly filmsy evidences.
22. Money and scrap metal licenses dangled like carrots over disbelieving people whom the ministers thought are moronic blardy fools.
23. Watching and listening to main stream media are like having hyperuremia, hyperkaleimia, all the encephalopathies and brain insult symptoms put together.
24. Journalists being bashed up (woe is the country who cannot respect and protect their journalists!)
25. Rapes being commited in police lock-ups!
26. Secret meetings and counter-secret meetings.
27. A doctor slapping a patient!
I could go on and on and on….
The euphoria I felt after March 8 has long died down.
I can feel the euphoria from the recent by-election fading fast as well.
But I’m gonna hold my stance.
This is my country and I love it.
I will join the fight for justice, peace and harmony.
So, Happy 51st Birthday Malaysia! I LOVE YOU!
Sun, 310808 @ 0700