The hotel I am staying in for the duration of the conference I am attending is, in my opinion, not so good. Here is a list of my complains:
1. The room is crampy and they are charging more than RM250 a night. Space not suitable for anyone with BMI >26.
2. The room service people do not replace used soap/shampoo/mineral water; they also do not clean up the coffee bar.
3. They threw my short pants under one of the seats!
4. The TV sucks – it’s wide screen but the channels available are horrible – channel 1, 2, TV3, NTV7, 8, TV9 (like watching a snow storm), HBO, a Japanese channel, the Disney channel, Travel and Living, CNN, BBC, Al-Jazeera, Astro Ria, Vision 3 and 4. That’s it. You might be wondering why I am ranting ~ well, they do not have AXN!!! which caused me to miss the Amazing Race Asia on Thursday night (anyone can tell me who got booted out? I hope it’s not one of the pair of eye candies!) .
5. The numbers on the TV remote control are no longer visible. It’s smoother than the steps of the Great Wall of China.
6. The swimming pool does not provide towels in the mornings!!! I think they expect the sun to dry us.
7. The jacuzzi overflows causing a flood in the room.
8. The lockers in the spa are ALL not working. They are either permanently opened or permanently shut.
9. There is no water cooler in the spa. We are expected to either bring our own (but they don’t replace in the room!), drink the jacuzzi water (acck!) or dehydrate and die in the sauna.
10. People steal your newspaper from your table when you go momentary to get food from the bar at the restaurant. When asked, none of the 8 waiters claim to have seen anything, mainly because they are so busy chatting away and laughing at the top of their voices. Such mirth, must be the holiday season.
11. The receptionists do not understand English, even when broken down into word-to-word pattern, with interval between spoken words paced at 2 seconds apart with an even undulating tone and normal human pitch audible to 99% of the rest of the population. Their response is always a “Ha??? What was that?”!
12. The air conditioning has only 2 temperatures: Sahara hot or Alaskan cold.
13. And finally, they are renovating the floor upstairs and the sound of banging goes on from 8 am till 8 pm! Gaargh! (I used to stay in a hotel in Penang where they were also doing renovation work but they actually close off two floors above and below that floor to minimize discomfort to their guests. There was a card in the room informing about renovation work in progress, what time the banging would begin and what time it would end and an apology for any inconveniences caused).
I want to go home and sleep on my bed in my nice quiet room*.
Sun, 021207 @ 0700
* subject to terms and conditions which include:
1. My Indian neighbour
from hell next door are away on holiday (maybe I will blog about them some day).
2. The Chinese apek opposite my house does not rummage through my rubbish bin!
3. The stupid resort home management near my place do not host a function and blast the music at 3 x the loudness of a Concorde plane.
4. The bunch of State footballers opposite my house do not create a din/make unearthly noises in unearthly hours/ watch football on TV and shouting like monkeys, bring their girl friends home and talk till dawn outside the house, shower half naked on the front porch (yes I kid you not), gun their motorbikes etc etc.
5. The lorry driver opposite does not exercise at 5 am (complete with loud grunting and moaning sounds) or shouts at his workers staying next door to wake up or talk on the phone as if the whole world needs to know what his plans for the day are.
6. It’s not cat mating season.
Sun, 021207 @ 0700