In February this year I blogged about an enigmatic patient.
Well, so far, she has undergone:
1. 1 CT brain and 1 MRI brain to rule out brain tumor (normal on both times)
2. 3 Coronary Angiograms to rule out ischemic heart disease (each time was reported as ‘normal’).
3. Numerous ultrasound abdomen, which eventually showed gall stones and she had a cholecystectomy.
4. Numerous Exercise Stress Tests, because she did not believe the angiogram reports.
5. Numerous ECHOs done because she did not believe the ESTs.
6. Seen at least 5 ENT surgeons because she is convinced she has a throat tumor. All the ENT surgeons (God bless them) cleared her of any tumors. But she is not convinced, she still thinks a tumor lurks somewhere in the recesses of her throat.
7. Had numerous OGDS done to try and ‘find another tumor’. The worst they found was ‘mild gastritis’. H. pylori was negative.
8. Had numerous colonoscopy done because she complained of passing out blood (which was fictitious and her scopes were normal).
9. Seen a few Orthopaedic surgeons who diagnosed her with cervical spondylosis. She continues to hop from one to another because so far none of the surgeons have ‘injected medication into her NECK’ because she claimed a friend of hers had similar injection and was miraculously cured. She is still searching for that elusive ortho surgeon who would plunge a hypodermic needle into her neck and cure her.
She had another OGDS done a few weeks ago and it was normal. This was after an EST which she barely made past first stage because she simply is too old to run. Next her neck acted up again. Another visit to an orthopedic surgeon was met with great disappointment because she was again not injected in the neck.
And now, she is convinced she has gall stones in her already-taken-out-gallbladder!
What do you call such a person?
I call her ‘MUM’. Sigh….