I’ve watched the movie, twice. The first was with a pharma rep and the next day, I took my family to watch the show. Just in case I am labelled as a corrupt doctor, let it be known that we went ‘dutch’ when I went out with the pharma rep; he bought the tickets, pop corn and drinks and I took care of dinner.
This is my take on the movie:
Two thumbs up for:
1. A really buffed up Bond, (IMHO, the best bodied Bond since Sean Connery).
2. Bond’s intense blue eyes (are they for real?)
3. Totally awesome chase sequence and stunts (reminds me of Ong Bak)
4. Really cool car and hand phones!
5. Bodilicious Bond babes!
6. Judith Dench as ‘M’ who this time has more than a paragraph of lines.
7. A very metrosexually dressed Bond, tight clothes that leave hardly any breathing space! That’s keeping up with the times.
Four thumbs down for (read no further if you haven’t seen the show):
1. Bond walking funny. Maybe it’s all that beef. Too much sashaying of the bubble butt (as movie partner commented; hmmm, that’s a novel way of describing a butt!). Did I mention Bond is a tad short?
2. What?!!!! No naked women’s sillouette in the opening sequence? That’s unacceptable! Ian Fleming just turned in his grave.
3. Malaysian censorship board that went happily snipping away, making the story line rather jagged. I went like ‘huh? what happened?’ (I swear they were on the floor a second ago, and the next Bond is in a cab)
4. What’s with the villian’s girlfriend and leather? She has BAD fashion sense. It’s a wonder she didn’t catch pneumonia!
5. The villian didn’t use his inhaler properly.
6. Bond’s CPR skills suck! No wonder the girl died (oops! did I give away too much?!)
7. A defibrillator in the car? Aiyo, so ‘kwa cheong’! And some more can go and give himself (or tried to anyway) a DC shock!
8. And no gadgets at all? (Defibrillators don’t count).
9. I think Bond’s gun’s silencer is too long!
10. Very corny line regarding a ‘little finger’.
11. Zero chemistry between Bond and the girl (but the Malaysian Censorship Board may be the culprit here)
12. Shameless advertising by Sony (phone la, VAIO notebook la, shame, shame, shame. But then again, it could be because I am intensely jealous!)
13. 144 minutes is way too long, very torturous for the urinary bladder and a kid who whines for his pillow (which we forgot to bring along!)
My final verdict: 8/10! Not bad la. I kinda enjoyed it. It’s been a long time since I last saw a good Bond film (Pierce Brosnan was a wimp). Besides, I can’t possibly ‘kutuk’ a character from which I got my name right?
Thurs, 231106 @ 1412 (Dying to hit the gym and get a bubble butt!)